Thursday, May 14, 2009

The “DIFFERENCE...”

Being in love is the most beautiful feeling in this world and when it happens at the age of 16 then you can imagine the seriousness of the whole affair. So here I was barely 16 years old and just out of school and all excited to go to college. I was not those typical teenaged girls I was a little different, (well that’s what I always thought) I dressed differently and tried not to do things which were kind of different. Actually I was an example of a deliberate effort of being different in what ever I did. I was a part of the crowd always trying to stand out and do something that’s “different”. So in this quest of the difference I wore cloths that were a blend of fashion trends of past 3-4 decades, read books on religion and philosophy and generally talked about these things and used the most powerful language possible. This to be different attitude did not do much good to me, my parents always thought that there was something wrong with me and friends and my sister thought that I was weird. But I was happy with this weird life of mine and not really bothered about what people thought of me.

And with this carefree attitude of mine I stepped in college, and to my surprise the entire crowd was full of weirdo’s of various types. Girls just too pretty and somehow too brightly dressed and a bit too chirpy and innocent all glamorized and accessorized from top to bottom. Some of them almost looked like a demonstration of some glam girls’ magazine, with the most perfect dress and makeup. And the guys on the other hand were as macho as you can imagine, most of them looked like the incarnations of Hrithik Roshan and Arjun Rampal and the likes. Flat abs and bulging biceps were all around the college, and mostly fiercely competing with one of the pretty lasses of the college. At first I felt a little out of place there but then I started enjoying the activities of these beautiful people without any brains. Days kept passing and I made friends some very pretty and equally dumb girls and some very handsome but duh guys…and I was most of the time giving them gyan about life, religion and karma. (I can feel a halo on my head right now) (BIG SMILE). And by this time I had started to consider myself to be one of the most intellectual people around and had started to enjoy this newfound status. Even though I was responsible for a lot of relationships I myself was in search of an eligible boyfriend.

This search lasted a year and finally I came across my Mr. Right. He was a final year student and was the cutest guy I had ever seen. No biceps no pomp and show just a simple cute looking person with twinkling eyes. I had never seen him in this last year and even now I did not really have an opportunity to talk to him. All my friends made all possible efforts to bring us close but it somehow didn’t workout. And in just a few months time I became lady devdas sulking for a long lost first love. This miserable state of mine was becoming intolerable so my friends decided to break the ice between us. A very good friend of mine (rahul) deliberately made friends with him and made sure that he spent as much time possible with us. He was there with us in the canteen, in pubs and parties and everywhere we went. It somehow was visible that he too wanted to be with us. I was on seventh heaven these days, dressing up like a normal girl and doing things like all pretty young things do. At this time I did not regret the fact that I was not being different, because I knew that the person I was doing all this for was different not like other guys.

Since it had been a good 2months of this going out together so we decided that I should tell him how I felt and what we all felt that he liked me too. So this dear friend who initially made friends with my beloved Tarun (sorry forgot to mention his name) threw a grand party and made all arrangements for the most romantic proposal. I was dressed in a sexy red gown all set to say those three magical words...

Everything was perfect and we all waited with baited breath for the man of my dreams. After keeping us waiting for almost an hour he entered the room in a black suit looking stunning and with a huge bunch of red roses in his hands. There was pin drop silence all eyes were on him and my heart was beating louder than a cannon fire, hope he didn’t hear it beat that loud. My heart was skipping beats with each step he took. I had already started dreaming of the happy life we are about to live together and I had already started shedding tears of joy.

He was standing right in front of me; I closed my eyes to hear those magical words. And he finally said...” I’ve been waiting for this moment all this time... And I really don’t know how you will react to it but I think its time I told you how I felt, because I can’t keep it to myself… it feels weird to say it in front of so many people but if you like it this way so this is how you’ll have it…”

He took a long deep breath and stepped a little closer, and I almost stopped breathing…

And then he said again...” I never thought I’ll get this opportunity and I never thought you too felt the way I did but Rahul… I really really love you... and would love to spend the rest of my life with you…”

I opened my eyes in sheer surprise. All eyes were on Rahul who stood there all embarrassed and fuming with anger. And my darling stood there looking at everyone sheepishly and didn’t really know how to react to our questioning looks. I really didn’t know how to react, and I was feeling too bad for that poor thing, who was almost in tears by all the blasting Rahul was giving him. It wasn’t really his fault that he was gay, and he didn’t do anything to hurt me so I thought I’d sort it out for him. So finally Rahul cooled down and we all became good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Writer. Dreamer. Mother. Spiritualist