Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ever after...

Ally said last night said that once in every life time we fall in love with someone we never fall out of. But then even if we don’t fall out of love with that someone. How true, for some reason I had always seen myself somewhere in Ally. But never in my dreams had I imagined that my life would be something like hers. I was on top of this world when I fell in love with him and my happiness knew no boundaries when he asked me to marry him. And then one fine day when I was busy making preparations for our wedding he decides that this relationship isn’t the best for both of us. For some reason he feels that we wouldn’t be happy together, and then again I see Ally standing & staring me in my face. Just like Billy he decides to let me and this relationship go, thankfully not just like Billy did by marrying Georgia. But no matter what the pain was as bad as it could have been. I just hope we don’t end up like Ally & Billy, I just pray that we get to have a happy ending and live happily ever after.

But what exactly is living happily ever after…???

Is it about getting married and having kids…??? Or is it about just being in love for the rest of our lives…???

I think it’s a combination of both… well that’s at least how I would want our life to be, together married with kids and loving each other for the rest of our lives. But does this happen, do people or lovers who get married love each other all through their lives…???

Almost all my friends are married either to the one they love or to someone their parents suggested, but why don’t I see any of them happy. Just the other day I met a girl who was about to be married to her sweet heart she had been seeing for more than 6 years and still she wasn’t happy, her to be mom-in-law was very successfully creating riffs between the happy couple. Then I see my best friend who married the guy her parents chose for her and now she is struggling with her marriage coz the guy doesn’t wish to give her the amount of respect and freedom she deserves. And then there is another couple who is happy among themselves but the guy is living with guilt of not being able to be with his parents because his wife doesn’t like that much. What is this marriage thing all about…???

I know that you can’t get the best of both worlds at the same time and you always win some and loose some, but aren’t we loosing out on our happiness because of either our spouse’s happiness or our parents or our in-laws happiness. Why don’t we as complete civilized individuals be happy and content with our lives and ourselves..???

When I say this I’m no different because at this point in time I’m being torn apart between the love of my parents and the only man on earth I truly love. The only reason I’m writing this and putting it on the blog is because I want you someone who’s reading this to answer my question.

What is a person’s real happiness…??? Why are we so dependent on someone else in this world to make us happy…??? Why is it that I feel that no man on this earth would keep me as happy as he would…???

At times I feel that I’m being stupid for just going crazy over someone who doesn’t even feel this relationship would last. But then would it be fair to let something so precious to me go because he is feeling insecure about it. Every single day my parents storm me with photographs of all the prospective grooms they feel would be fit for their lovely daughter but my heart doesn’t seem to agree. The fairly tale world that I have been living in can’t believe that my happily ever after might just not happen. Do people even have a “happily ever after” ending…???

You know when I think of my grand parents I believe that this happens, people love each other till death takes them apart and even in heaven they stay together. And then I think that Ally was right, there always is that someone in each of our lives with whom we never fall out of love. Not even after they die, when we truly love someone we never let that person go. And when I love him so much how can I let him go…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Writer. Dreamer. Mother. Spiritualist