Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ten days and a kiss.........

“Ten days and a kiss that’s all it takes….you’ll get over him soon…” these were the words of guy telling me how easy it was surviving a break-up.

And apparently it turns out that’s true…it did took me only ten days and a kiss to get over the longest love affair of my life. It took me just ten days and a kiss to forget the one man I thought I loved the most in life. Relationships are tricky and we make them trickier by believing that they are forever. In life the only relationship you have forever is the one that you have with yourself.

Now doesn’t that sound like a really selfish, self-centered and insensitive statement, Hell yes it does…!!

But no matter how insensitive the statement might sound it is the truth of all of us. We fall in and out of love thinking that this person I’m with is the true love of my life and I’ve found the Right person for me and this is forever. We meet people, we fall in love and then we meet someone else….!!!

I always thought after meeting the Love of my life that I would never get attracted to any other man ever. I thought that when you are truly in love with that one perfect person you wouldn’t need anyone else. Well, I was wrong, I did need someone. I needed someone to hold on to, someone to help me get out of the true Love I was in. Not even in my wildest dreams had I imagined that I would ever need another man to help me let go of the one man I thought I was truly in Love with.

I a new man to help me get over a relationship with the old one, because I didn’t want to end the relationship I had with myself.

We live and we love for ourselves. We all do…but this makes me wonder why we claim that we love others selflessly.

All this while I was in Love with my true Love, I claimed that I have never loved anyone so selflessly. Everything I did, I said, I ate, I drank was for him. He was the center of my universe. He was the reason I lived, and if I was to live my life without him my heart would probably stop beating. What the FUCK…..!!!!

Who was I kidding….???
No matter how much we say we love another person the truth remains that we love ourselves the most. Everything I did to make that relationship work was not for him….it was for me. I did everything I possibly could because I wanted to get married. And more than that, I wanted to prove to myself that I could have whatever I wanted in life. And I also wanted tell this world how wrong they were in telling me that this relationship would not work. And many more of such reasons, and in the end I was the one who ended it because I realized it wasn’t worth the pain. I realized that no relationship is worth ruining yourself for…and more importantly I guess because I realized I deserve better.

When I look back at the last three and a half or four years that I had spent with him, I see that there was nothing I ever did which was truly for him. It never is…everything we do has the ultimate objective of our own happiness behind it. We bend ourselves as much we think our hearts and minds can endure in order to achieve this ultimate happiness but the moment we feel that the pain is out of hand we let it go.

So if our happiness is of utmost importance to us then why do go through all this pain. I keep asking myself was it all worth the misery.

We keep saying love hurts…we’ve been saying that since time immemorial then why do we keep falling in love over and over again. And each time our hearts break we either console ourselves by saying it wasn’t meant to be or it helped me become a better person.

The “it wasn’t meant to be…” statement seems so superficial to me that I wouldn’t even like to consider it. But what do we mean when we say that it helped me become a better person. Do we need our hearts broken, scarred, and burnt to learn to be better people…?? People say when your heart is broken and scarred you get closer to God. I don’t know if I got any closer to him or not, it for sure was a painful process.

But the question remains, was it worth it…and do we actually become better people or we become worse. We don’t stop trying but at the same time we stop trusting. We want the forever and at the same time we run away from it. I guess it’s the fear of loosing ourselves that keeps us away from this concept of selfless love. I guess that’s why it just takes ten days and a kiss to let go of the true Love. Funny isn’t it…. ;)

 

PS: I’m sure a lot of you might think this “ten days and a kiss” thing to be crap. I did to, but if you’re in a rotten relationship then find a person who can give you undivided attention for ten days and is willing to kiss you. Try it; it’ll reduce the pain of the heart break.

Statutory warning: make sure the kiss doesn’t lead you to another relationship, at least not within ten days. Don’t rush into another one so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Writer. Dreamer. Mother. Spiritualist